Pages

Saturday 8 February 2014

Confession

My last post was about my second doll arriving.  I was sooooo happy and rightfully so, she is very pretty.  Unfortunately, the itch to do something set in.  I contacted the dealer I ordered Elsa through and it looks like it could be another 6 weeks after they return from Chinese new year break!!!  To say I am disappointed is an understatement, I had been hoping as I had ordered it in November, it would at least be in the process of being produced meaning less waiting time... Anyway, that is kind of off track.

All this waiting and wanting to work on a project led to me making an impulse order.

She was cheap and in stock.  How could I resist?  And here she is.


I covered her for modesty sake as you can see.

Of course, as I had ordered Hujoo Berry, I needed to get her a wig, eyes, putty (just in case) and eye lashes.

Unfortunately, the eyes are oval and I would need to file the eye sockets etc for them to fit so I am not using them and will use some round eyes.  I want to work on her but want things to be relatively simple for a first face up and customisation.

Tonight I started the customisation.  I have used mainly pastels on her face for blush and lip colour.  I also used pastels on her eyelids.


For some reason the colours on her face look a lot more orange and yellow in this picture but, it does give an impression of the look at this point.

I used water colour pencils at this point as I had heard it made detailing the hairs on the eyebrows easier.  I used Tamaiya matt sealer to seal the face-up at various points.

The final part for today was painting a fine line of eye liner and lower lashes.  I must admit, I am very very happy with the result for a first face-up.


From my experience so far, I would highly recommend a hujoo doll if you are wanting to experiment with customising and are worried about the cost.  Obviously as she is ABS, there is a big difference between her and a resin doll but there is also a big difference in the cost.  I have found her very easy to work with so far and would say to look into them more and not write them off just because they are not resin..

I am definitely going to invest in another and next time be a little more adventurous with the face up, possibly going for a gothic look.
I am gluing in the upper eye lashes in another day, when I have the eye balls that I am going to use as until she is complete, I am keeping her safe in a bag to protect her.

No comments:

Post a Comment