Sunday, 17 March 2013

Change of direction

Well, after a short break, I managed to fit in a little time on minis today.  Unfortunately, no time was spent on the tower.  This is because I have decided the dresser and desk are going to be replaced.  I have decided they are going to have to be replaced sooner rather than later and I am hoping I will find the ideal pieces at a reasonable price.  Fingers crossed on that one.

In the mean time I started looking at material I have to make a mini bear.

This is the scheme I think I will use for the first one.
As you can see, I decided the first bear I will make is using a lyrical bear pattern.  I think I could end up being a day or two because I need to sort out my reading glasses so that I can see to sew etc.  

The other day I managed to finally get round to staining the plain wood book case I bought a few weeks ago.  I am quite pleased with the results.

Then I added all the books I have made so far.  Each of these books can be taken off the shelves and opened.  I have added my own small writing and doodles on some of the pages.  I want all the books to be like this and hand made by me.  

I am rather slow at making the books so it could be a while before I manage to fill all the shelves.

1 comment:

  1. I love the handmade touch with the books. :)