Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

More books and how I am now making them

Today I played around more on the computer.  I am determined to make some of my books so that they will include my own photos of my minis.  I have managed to work out how to make totally personalised books.  I am still finding it fiddly and my youngest son is poorly but, I wanted to show my ideas.

Firstly, I used my pc word processor and inserted a table consisting on one cell by three.  Then I added a title and blurb on the back using the smallest print.  I also added a photo of mine from my pictures folder.  Then I altered the size of the cells to the sizes that I wanted.

I made a separate table with more cells for the pages (these will eventually contain more pictures from my files).  These will be cut into rows and folded concertina style and glued inside the covers.


Using this method, I plan to eventually make separate mini books for each of my projects and even photo albums etc.  I have really enjoyed experimenting and finding this out for myself although, I realise that other people may also make books this way.  I am sooooo happy.  I am just looking forward to practising some more as at the moment it is more time consuming than it would be if I was more confident on computers lol.


4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. My daughter collects Sylvanian Families and their miniature books are made in a similar way :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice..great idea!! what font works best for this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I'm excited to try this! Sorry to hear your youngest son is doing poorly. I hope he gets well soon. Thank you for taking a moment to share this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! Not sure it would work for my quarter scale houses but for my 1:12th scale ones I might just take up this idea as well as the journal I do for scrapbooking them. Hugs Sandie

    ReplyDelete