Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

First doll dressing finally started

I am so happy to be trying my hand at something new.  I still dont know the make of the doll though which is a shame.


This was taken at the start having cut out the pattern pieces and showing the patch on the back of her head where there was no hair.


As you can see, I have made a decent amount of progress.  The basic blouse and underskirt are on and the skirt has been started.  The book is called Sewing Dolls' Clothes; 27 projects to make in 1:12 scale.  Luckily there are plenty of pictures and everything is broken down into clear steps, just right for a total beginner like me.  I am hoping to complete the skirt and start on the bodice tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good day

2 comments:

  1. Everything is so neat and you're making a fantastic job of her outfit. I've never tried making anything out of a book before but I may give it a whirl now that I see how lovely your's is turning out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It has definately been a steep learning curve with this little project but, I am enjoying it. A lot of miniaturists seem to have a 'thing' that they are most comfy with and at the moment, I am still looking for mine lol

    ReplyDelete